Kitchen and Bathroom Construction and Remodeling Ideas
Remodeling your kitchen and bathrooms is a big but exciting undertaking. A fresh, updated look with new cabinetry, counter tops, lighting, and hardware can add tens of thousands of dollars to the value
of your home.
Your Kitchen: The Most Important Room in the Home
The kitchen is a focal point in any home and is typically one of the most used rooms. It makes sense then, to invest in the kitchen and make this important space as comfortable, beautiful, and
functional as possible.
The style possibilities are endless when it comes to remodeling or redesigning your kitchen. In general, you can
expect to allocate the following percentages of your kitchen remodeling budget toward these upgrades:
- Cabinets and hardware: 30%
- Design and installation (unless your project is DIY): 20-25%
- Appliances and ventilation: 15%
- Electrical and Plumbing: 10-15%
- Walls, ceilings, floors, doors, and windows: 15%
Whether you are going for a traditional look, a rustic or farmhouse design, or a sleek, modern style, you want
your new kitchen to be both efficient and inviting. Here are some tips and items to consider when remodeling or redesigning your kitchen:
Cabinet Replacement or Refacing
One of the best investments you can make when remodeling or redesigning your kitchen is updating the look of your cabinets. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Cabinet Refacing or Replacement: New or refaced cabinets can completely transform the look of your kitchen and increase the value of your home. Woodmont Doors offers an extensive line of custom made cabinet doors, drawer fronts, and refacing supplies. Kitchen cabinets can be custom-designed to fit your
kitchen space exactly, for a tailor-made look. Matching veneer, cut-to-size plywood, and decorative moldings create custom appeal.
- Under-Cabinet or In-Cabinet Lighting: Lighting designed to fit under or into kitchen cabinets, such as the options by Hera Lighting, offer the perfect combination of function and form. The sleek designs can be
custom installed to suit your space, and cabinet lighting creates a nice ambiance. Mullion doors fitted with in-cabinet lighting beautifully showcase the kitchenware and other items inside your cabinets.
- Install a Lazy Susan: Make better use of your kitchen corner cabinet space with a rotating Lazy Susan,
which enables you to store more items and access them easily. Another option is a set of front shelves that slide out and to one side to reveal a second set of drawers that can then slide forward.
- Soft-Close Drawer Glides: A must-have for any functional kitchen, drawer glides (or slides) are installed
on the sides or underneath the drawer box, allowing it to pull out completely so you can reach everything. Soft-close drawer glides also eliminate slamming -- an added bonus.
Additional features that can add value and functionality to your kitchen include:
- Induction Stove-Top: While some cooks prefer gas ranges because of their even heating, induction
ranges offer the ease of electric installation with the control and heating quality of gas. Another advantage of an induction stove-top is that it can easily be added to an island without having to install gas lines -- all it
requires is an electrical outlet.
- Install a Second Sink: A sink placed outside of the main cooking area is ideal for a second chef or food
prep person in the kitchen. It is also an ideal spot for family members to wash their hands before dinner, or for tending bar during parties.
Remodeling Your Bathrooms
Like a kitchen remodel, upgrading your bathrooms is a big undertaking, but one that is well worth it. Outdated bathrooms are a drag to use and could very well be dragging down the value of your home.
First and foremost, a bathroom should be functional. But function does not have to mean having to sacrifice form and style. Here are some tips for making your bathrooms functional and beautiful.
Ceramic towel bar ends by AC Products
- Replace Bathroom Hardware: If your bathrooms haven't been upgraded in a while (or ever), replacing
bathroom hardware, including faucets and faucet handles, metal or ceramic towel bars, recessed soap dishes, toilet paper holders, shower caddies, etc., can make a tremendous difference in the look of your
bathroom. Eclectic-ware offers a variety of quality ceramic bath accessories from AC Products in a huge array of colors. If you're going for a vintage look in your upgraded bathroom, AC Products is the ideal
- The Importance of Good Lighting: Few things are worse than unflattering light in the bathroom. It is
possible to light your bathroom well without ruining your self-esteem! Sconces with soft white or yellow lighting on a vanity mirror are good choices. Hera lighting warm white LED products are a good choice for
bathrooms, with a variety of options, including dimmable lights that enable you to create the right light for your needs.
- Make Sure Features Are the Right Height: If your toilet has always been too low, your sink has been
just a tad too high, and you have to stand on your tiptoes to see in the mirror, remodeling your bathroom is the perfect opportunity to reposition new features so that they're more functional for you and your family.
- New Flooring: Choosing the right bathroom flooring is important not just from an aesthetics standpoint,
but for safety. Tiles with textured surfaces or matte finishes are best to prevent slipping, and there are plenty of attractive, non-slip materials available. For an easy-care option, porcelain or glazed tiles are good options.
- Improve the Wiring: If your wiring hasn't been updated in a while (especially if you're in a much older
home) amp up the wiring. Hairdryers can pull a lot of wattage, so make sure your system can handle it.
- Ventilation: Moisture can go from a minor problem to a major headache in your bathroom. When
moisture has no escape, mold can develop, which is not only unsightly, but can be dangerous for your family. You must have proper ventilation in order to ensure your bathroom doesn't develop mold and
mildew. If you don't already know the square footage of your bathroom, take the measurements, and install a vent fan at the appropriate CFM level (cubic feet per minute). Generally, you will need one CFM per square foot.
With the right planning, your kitchen and bathroom remodeling project will add value to your home and make your living spaces more inviting.
Eclectic-ware is your trusted source for Hera Lighting and AC Products -- offering a variety of Hera Lighting
options, from under-cabinet and in-cabinet kitchen lighting, to bathroom lighting, to lighting for commercial applications. Eclectic-ware carries an extensive variety of ceramic bathroom hardware with a vintage look by
AC Products, inclusive of towel bars, soap dishes, corner shelves, and more.
When replacing or refacing your kitchen or bathroom cabinet doors, Eclectic-ware provides Woodmont Doors
and a huge variety of Thermal Foil door options from WalzCraft. Should you decide to keep your existing cabinet boxes, changing the look of your cabinets with new doors and veneer is very easy -- a fantastic do-it
-yourself way to save money and earn equity.
Kitchen & Bathroom Cabinet Hardware
813-633-7544 main line -- or 813-362-7898 cell
for phone orders, product questions, & design assistance.
3110 Turkey Walk Lane
Wimauma, FL 33598 USA
(Greater Tampa to Sarasota area)
A+ rated business since 2003
Customer service hours
& phone (813) 633-7544
and (813) 362-7898 cell
Mon-Fri 9 to 5 E.S.T.
24/7 FAX and on-line ordering.
Anyone can purchase from us!
© Copyright 2000-present ~ John W. Wagonis | Established Dec. 2000 | County license # 146460
Home | Sitemap | Our Blog | Contact Us | About Us | How to order page
We are a cabinetry and bathroom hardware supply store open to everyone!
Please remember the hyphen
(-) in Eclectic-ware and in our web address: www.eclectic-ware.com